Monday 23 November 2015

Courtesy of Villa Kija Drupadi

A Spot of Paradise

Enjoying the beauty of Bali from the comfort of an opulent villa is an experience that you are not likely to forget anytime soon. To have such an experience, I booked myself into Villa Kija for a few days.

I had seen pictures of this palatial villa but they did not prepare me for the actual sight. A car was ready to take me to the villa. As I enjoyed the relaxing sights of Bali on the way, I realized I was headed straight into the heart of Seminyak, a major tourist and party hub of Bali. I grunted as I felt my stay would be ruined by the noise. My fears were unfounded as all I heard once entering the villa were the soft music of the trees and leaves brushing in the wind and the flutter of my heart as I laid eyes on the villa.

The Villa Kija, I later found out, was a Japanese colonial building. The Japanese influence lingers in its sloping roof and architecture. The villa seemed like an oasis of peace amidst a lush green garden. I noticed the lagoon like pool a few steps away from the mansion. The pool was spectacular, surrounded by lush plants all around.

With barely concealed excitement, I stepped into the house. My first reaction was to blink several times. ‘Such beauty and luxury should be banned’ I thought, reeling from the splendor around me. Cozy couches, minimalist designs, airy windows and spacious rooms greeted me. With effort, I headed towards the bedroom where another pleasant shock waited me.

The bedroom was dominated by the huge king-sized bed. I decided to postpone my tour around the house for later as I needed a respite. I sank down on the cozy bed and wondered if I could withstand anymore surprises. The other rooms were just as lovely.

I headed out planning to visit the beach. I never reached the beach. I got stuck wandering the tropical gardens. A remarkable variety of trees and plants make up the gardens including mango tree, palm, frangipanis, traveler tree, dadapméras, yuccas, bougainvillea, hibiscus and crotons. I felt like those adventurers of old, moving through unexplored jungles waiting to uncover a discovery. Well, I did discover something. It was a beautiful fish pond with a quaint bridge passing over it.

As night fell, I went out in search of something else to enjoy. Within walking distance, I found a number of restaurants and nightclubs, including the popular spots such as Potato Head. I had a thoroughly enjoyable time. After all, it was Bali. There is no shortage of enjoyments here.

At night, I was grateful for the Jacuzzi. As the warm waters soothed my tired muscles, my mind wandered off. I have always known Bali to be one of the most beautiful places in the world. However, I had discovered a whole new way to experience its magnificent beauty. The villa’s attention to detail was amazing. An old quote floated into my head, ‘Luxury is in each detail’. That seemed apt for this villa.

Address: Jl. Drupadi 2, Gg. Rukun 8, Bali 80361, Indonesia
Phone:+62 878-6004-4177


free counters