Monday 23 November 2015

Courtesy of Villa Mona Bali

Tranquility in Luxury
I have seen many sides of Bali. I have experienced the intoxicating nightlife, took part in the raucous beach parties, surfed in the crystal blue waters, explored the verdant forests and drank the beauty of the sunsets. Out of them, I must say that I find peace in solitude.

Now, do not get me wrong. I love the crowds. They are friendly and jovial. However, there are times, when I need to get away from it all. That is why I chose the Villa Mona Umalas as my accommodation for my next short trip to Bali.

I travelled through the popular regions of the Seminyak region secure in the knowledge that I will soon pass them by. The villa is located at a 10 minutes distance from Seminyak but it is enough to ensure the solitude of the place.

I was greeted by the simplistic beauty of the minimalist villa, or rather the villa manager. The courteous man guided me through the various rooms and we struck up quite a friendship by the end of the stay. It’s the little things such as friendly locals which has made me fall in love with Bali.

I roamed around the structure whose gleaming white walls helped create an aura of serenity magnified by the lush green trees and plants around it and accentuated by the wooden design accents. Here, I realized, I had finally found what I was looking for: A spot of solitude drenched with tranquility.

The spacious rooms were luxurious but continued the simple minimalist design. In the bedroom, I was surprised to find a private garden. I could not help but exclaim, ‘lovely!’ when I laid eyes on the living room. I eased myself onto one of the luxurious couches while enjoying the view of the pool. Yes, you read that right. There is a pool inside the living room! I had to look at it for a few moments to realize that I wasn’t dreaming.

For a long time, I simply stared at the opulence and magnificence around me unable to do anything else. You would have done the same, I believe. The silence around me was punctured by the soft rustling of leaves and I started. Outside, the sun glittered over the infinity pool. The black stones imparted a dark hue to the waters and I eased into it without a thought. After all, I was in Bali. A swim is a must, even if it is a pool. If you have not yet swum in an infinity pool, you should make it a priority! I laid back and enjoyed the fantastic sight of the rich green background.

There are various entertainment facilities available but I had no need for them. After all, I had solitude and nature around me. The beach is never far and where there is a beach in Bali, you are sure to find something to enjoy there.

However, the one thing I will always remember the quiet solitude of the villa. After all, as they say, ‘There is beauty in solitude’.

Villa Mona Bali
Jalan Banjar Kuwum, Kuwum Dua, Kerobokan, Bali 80361, Indonesia
E-mail: info@villamonabali.com
Phone: +6281 338 648 034
www.villamonabali.com

- www.sethlestath.com -
free counters